With the support of Careerforce, VNZ is now able to offer the New Zealand Certificate in First Line Management to its membership network. This means leaders, coordinators and managers of volunteers can now gain a Certificate in Managing Volunteers. This is a New Zealand qualification that is flexible, offers affordable learning, and provides the opportunity for recognition of workplace based learning. This certificate is perfect for anyone who is an experienced or aspiring team leader, supervisor or coordinator.
This is an exciting development for the sector and builds on our previous work developing the Competencies for Managers of Volunteers. The Certificate programme is based at the base and base applied level and is the first step in formalising a learning and development pathway for managing volunteers.
Take the first step to sign up today by completing our Expression of Interest Form.
This is a 60 credit, level 4, New Zealand qualification that is flexible and provides the opportunity for recognition of workplace based learning. This certificate is perfect for anyone who is an experienced or aspiring team leader, supervisor or coordinator of volunteers. The programme includes recognising and/or developing the following competencies:
- identify the resources required to complete tasks and understand impacts.
- develop your team to contribute to the task, manage conflict and recognise diversity.
- develop and plan using goals to grow your own skills and knowledge.
- understand leadership styles and how you can use them.
- complete the task and demonstrate communication and coaching skills.
The Certificate in Managing Volunteers supports team leaders, supervisors and coordinators to demonstrate key leadership skills including managing tasks or projects, supporting teams and developing leadership styles.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- manage work flows to achieve team objectives.
- motivate and involve a team to achieve their objectives and contribute to an organisational objectives.
- communicate to develop relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- manage relationships within a team to sustain a productive workplace environment.
- promote an inclusive environment to value diversity for positive performance for the entity.
- adapt leadership styles for effectiveness in different environments.
- comply with internal policies, legislation and other external requirements.
Graduates can go onto further study or training in business leadership and management and could enrol in business qualifications at levels 5 and 6.
VNZ is currently able to offer this course for $485 excluding GST. Trainees from our member organisations receive a 10 percent discount. Volunteering New Zealand will provide a qualified assessor for each trainee who is also an experienced Manager of Volunteers, and will also provide additional volunteer leadership resources.
Express your interest today
If you are interested in learning more about the Certificate in Managing Volunteers, please complete the online Expression of Interest form.
Have you got some more questions for us? Have you seen our Frequently Asked Questions?