Professional development opportunity for leaders, coordinators and managers of volunteers.
With the support of Careerforce, Volunteering New Zealand (VNZ) is now able to offer a Level 4 National Certificate in First Line Management. This is an exciting development for the sector and builds on VNZ’s previous work developing the Competencies for Managers of Volunteers.
This is a New Zealand qualification that is flexible, offers affordable learning, and provides the opportunity for recognition of workplace based learning and existing competencies.
Certificate Programme Overview
Our programme is based on the 60 credit, level 4, New Zealand Certificate in First Line Management. This means it is a New Zealand Qualification on the NZQA framework. Certificate graduates can continue onto additional study opportunities including additional business qualifications at levels 5 and 6.
This certificate is perfect for anyone who is an experienced or aspiring team leader, supervisor or coordinator of volunteers. On completion of the certificate, graduates will be able to demonstrate key competencies required of a first line manager.
Certificate trainees demonstrate their competencies through a work or organisational project and work with a VNZ Assessor to identify what evidence they already have and what they additionally need to supply.
Certificate course outcomes
On completion of the certificate, graduates will be able to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Identify the resources required to complete organisational tasks.
- Analyse team member requirements and develop a team to deliver an organisational task.
- Manage conflict within a team and value diversity.
- Develop and plan their own skills and knowledge.
- Understand leadership styles and how they can utilise them.
- Complete the organisational task and demonstrate communication and coaching skills.
- Review and reflect on progress and achievements.
Competencies demonstrated by graduates of the Certificate in Managing Volunteers align with the core competencies identified within the Competencies for Managers of Volunteers at the base applied level.
If you or someone in your organisation is keen, please complete the online Expression of Interest form.