More than 1.2 million Kiwis volunteer in our communities every year – step up to this opportunity to make a difference as our new Chief Executive.
Volunteering New Zealand is the national voice of volunteering, working to create an Aotearoa New Zealand that promotes, values and supports effective volunteering. A national membership organisation, Volunteering New Zealand is an influential leader in the community and voluntary sector.
We are looking for a strategic thinker and innovator to drive our well-established organisation through the next stage of growth.
With a remit that involves leading people, financials, strategy, programme development and stakeholder relations, you will ensure that Volunteering New Zealand effectively leads, values and champions volunteering.
The successful applicant will bring:
- a passion for volunteering and solid understanding of voluntary sector issues
- experience leading and inspiring teams of paid and volunteer staff
- the ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including government
- advocacy skills to bring about change
- ideas and creativity for delivering on strategy
- knowledge and understanding of te ao Maori
- the ability to develop new and tap into existing funding sources
- financial management skills
- experience working with and reporting to committees or boards
- excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking
- understanding of and ability to interact with the media
- an ability to optimise the use of technology and digital channels.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the evolving volunteer landscape in New Zealand.
Salary circa $100,000.
Click here for
Applications close Friday 20 July 2018.
Applications must be made on the Application Form and sent as a separate attachment along with your CV and covering letter to Jennifer Pelvin: email@example.com
For more information contact Jennifer Pelvin – 021 491 456.