Volunteering New Zealand is both an incorporated society, and registered charity. Our 2020 Annual General meeting is being held on 5 November – International Volunteer Managers Day.
We have had a huge interest in our three contestable board roles for 2020.
The nominated candidates
Three seats are available for the General Board member with Volunteering New Zealand. Nominees are:
- Andrew Whiley nominated by Volunteer South
- Debbie Gee nominated by Volunteer Wellington
- Glenda Martin nominated by Volunteering Canterbury
- James Ryan nominated by Volunteer Marlborough Charitable Trust
- Jane Scripps nominated by Volunteering Northland
- Lichelle Evans nominated by Hospice New Zealand
- Lindy Lely nominated by Cancer Society of New Zealand
- Moumita Das Roy nominated by Multiples NZ
- Olga Suvorova nominated by Bellyful NZ
- Ryan Hooper-Smith nominated by Volunteer Kāpiti
- Sue Kobar nominated by Volunteering Auckland
- Tony Snow nominated by Volunteering Bay of Plenty
What we are looking for
In addition to core governance skills and experience, the Volunteering New Zealand board identified it was actively seeking people with the following skills or experience:
- Communications and marketing experience.
- Legal skills and experience.
- Corporate volunteering experience, or significant corporate networks.
- Technology or digital infrastructure expertise.
- Volunteer management and leadership expertise.
We particularly encouraged nominations from tangata whenua and pacifika communities, younger members of the community and the LGBTIQ community.
Volunteering New Zealand board members can serve for upto two three-year terms.