Volunteering New Zealand’s 2022 Annual General meeting is being held on Monday 7 November at 12 pm. In the lead-up to this, we are now seeking nominations for election to our board. The experience and skills we are seeking, and the nomination process, are outlined below. We are seeking nominations for our Māori, Pasifika and Youth representatives.
Call for board nominations
Volunteering New Zealand is seeking nominations for three seats for Māori, Pasifika and Youth board member roles.
We are seeking people with governance expertise, that are also passionate about mahi aroha and volunteering. We are actively seeking candidates with the following skills or experience:
- Strategic policy expertise and or significant strategic leadership experience
- Senior government relationships or networks or experience
- Understanding of systems or sector level advocacy
- Financial or audit expertise
- Technology or digital infrastructure expertise.
Volunteering New Zealand board members can serve for up to two three-year terms. An election process in accordance with our constitution will be conducted after nominations close. Our new youth board member role is for up to two two-year terms.
We particularly encourage nominations from tangata whenua and pasifika communities, younger members of the community and the LGBTIQ community.
Should you wish to nominate yourself or someone else, nominees must submit:
- Volunteering New Zealand Board Nomination Form (Word version, or a PDF version), and
- A one-page summary of the skills and experience that you would bring to the Board, and any other relevant information.
Nominees should read the following Volunteering New Zealand governance documents:
Nominations close at 2:00 pm, Monday 17 October 2022.
Should you wish to nominate yourself or someone else please submit your scanned board nomination form and one-page summary of your skills and experience by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2:00 pm, Monday 17 October 2022.