We are committed to working collaboratively with decision makers to ensure that the diverse needs of volunteers, organisations that engage volunteers, and the wider volunteering eco-system are represented in the development of policies, regulations and practice.
- Civil Society Briefing for Briefing Minister Hipkins, Minister for Public Service Dec 2021. Collaboratively produced by civil society organisations within Open Government Partnership.
- Targetted engagement on Modernising the Charities Act 2005: collaborative Modernising the Charities Act 2005. (and specific direct input also).
- Submission on the Ministry of Social Development’s Social Cohesion Framework, March 2022.
- How can we support young people to participate in healthy and active lifestyles?
Youth Working Group submission to Youth Parliament 2022, May 2022.
- Submission to the Economic Development, Science and Innovation Committee for the
Incorporated Societies Bill Incorporated Societies Bill – May 2021
- Submission to The Productivity Commission’s draft report: Training New Zealand’s workforce ‒ Technological change and the future of work – February 2020
- Submission to the Governance and Administration Committee for the Public Service Legislation Bill – January 2020
- Submission on Charities Act 2005 Reform – May 2019
- Ministry of Education – Submission on reform of Vocational Education Sector – April 2019
- Statistics New Zealand – Submission on the Indicators Aotearoa New Zealand project – September 2018
- New Zealand Police – Consultation on ‘Legislation for the New Zealand Police Vetting Service – July 2018
- Select (Education and Workforce) Committee – Submission on the proposed Health and Safety at Work Act (Volunteer Associations) Amendment Bill – July 2018
- Tax Working Group – April 2018
- VNZ’s General Election Manifesto – October 2017
- Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management – July 2017
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment – Submission on the Incorporated Societies Bill – June 2016
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment – Submission on the “Regulations for soliciting on behalf of charities” Discussion Document – March 2016
- Department of Internal Affairs – Fire Services Review Discussion Document Submission – July 2015
- Statistics New Zealand – Submission on the Proposal to not collect information on unpaid activities – June 2015
- The New Zealand Productivity Commission – More Effective Social Services – June 2015
- Law and Order Select Committee – Police (Cost Recovery) Amendment Bill – February 2015
- Statistics New Zealand – New Zealand General Social Survey, Civic and Cultural Participation supplement – January 2015
- United Nations Volunteers – Zero Draft of the 10 year Plan of Action 2016 – 2025 – December 2014
- Productivity New Zealand – More Effective Social Services – December 2014
- Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management – NCDEM Revised Plan – July 2014
- Statistics New Zealand – New Zealand General Social Survey – May 2014
- Transport and Industrial Relations Select Committee – Health and Safety Reform Bill – May 2014 (oral submission made)
Earlier submissions (2006-2013):
- New Zealand Police – Cost Recovery for Certain Police Services Submission – March 2013
- Ministry of Justice – Civil Fees Review (Criminal History Check proposals) – November 2012
- Government Administration Committee – Lobbying Disclosure Bill – October 2012 (oral submission made)
- Wellington City Council – Eco-City Proposal for Wellington’s Natural Attractions – May 2012
- Porirua City Council – Long Term Draft Plan, Porirua Council – May 2012 (oral submission made)
- Crown Entities Reform Bill letter to Ministers – March 2012
- MED Review of Financial Reporting – January 2010
- Accounting Standards Review – January 2010 (oral submission made)
- Payroll Giving – January 2008 (oral submission made)
- Transport and Industrial Relations Committee – IPRC Bill – February 2008
- Taxation (International Taxation, Life Insurance and Remedial Matters) Bill – March 2008 (oral submission made)
- Quality Flexible Work – January 2007
- Tax & Charitable Giving – November 2006 (oral submission made)
- Immigration Act Review – July 2006 (oral submission made)