The material in this site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. The views expressed on this website are the views of contributors and these do not necessarily represent the official views or opinions of VVNZ, its members, supporters or funders and without prejudice to the foregoing, VNZ:
- (i) Is NOT responsible for any material included on this website by any third party which is defamatory, abusive, obscene, illegal or otherwise in breach of any person’s rights;
- (ii) Makes NO representation or warranties that the information and /or material contained on or accessible via this website is accurate, complete or current or that use of the website is free of risk of viruses or other damage
Unless otherwise agreed in writing VNZ will not be liable to you for:
- (i) Any direct loss; or
- (ii) Any loss of profits, business or anticipated savings or loss of or corruption of data or any indirect loss or consequential loss whatsoever’,
- (iii) in addition, any research, study, event, news, opinion, commentary or other item mentioned or included on this site is not necessarily intended to imply endorsement or approval of it by VNZ.
In each case, whether such a loss arises in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation, breach of statutory duty or otherwise and even if VNZ have been advised of the possibility of such loss. This does not affect your statutory or other legal rights as granted under the laws of New Zealand.
This website contains links to third party sites from, for example, this website’s home page and from documents published on this site. These third party sites are beyond the control of VNZ and VNZ will not accept any responsibility for their content or for any transactions between you and such sites. Your use of these third party sites, and any resultant transactions, may be subject to separate terms and conditions.
2. Copyright and Trade Marks
All information (including but without limitation to any data, text, files, graphics, links, music, photographs, software, audio, video, messages) (“CONTENT”), whether publicly or privately posted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such CONTENT originated. Accordingly, the user, not VNZ, is entirely responsible and liable for all activities conducted through the website. Under no circumstances will VNZ be liable in any way for any CONTENT, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any CONTENT, for any breaches of copyright or similar intellectual property ruling, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the user of any CONTENT featuring on the website.
Where you are invited to submit any CONTENT to this site you are required by such submission to grant VNZ a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such work worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. If you do not wish to grant such rights to VNZ, it is suggested that you do not submit your contribution to this site.
By submitting your contribution to this site, you also warrant that such contribution is;
- a. your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to VNZ for all the purposes specified above;
- b. is not defamatory; and
- c. does not infringe any law.
In addition, you also:
- a. Indemnify VNZ against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by either VNZ as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and;
- b. Agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the website and the other purposes specified above.
All rights are reserved and reproduction of part or all of the contents of this site is prohibited other than in accordance with the following permissions:
- a. permission is granted to download the materials contained on this website to a single personal computer and to print a hard copy of such materials solely for personal, non-commercial use.
- b. permission is granted for you to copy extracts of texts from news articles that appear on this website (excluding without limitation photographs, illustrations, teaching materials, and audio and video materials) for non-commercial supply to individual third parties for their personal, non-commercial use, but only if:
- (i) you acknowledge our website as the source of the extract and include a prominent reference to this website’s URL. If the supply by you of the extract is via the internet, such acknowledgment must include a hypertext link to this website with the copy of the extracted material; and
- (ii) you inform the third party that the conditions set out in this Section 2 apply to him/her and that he/she must comply with them; and
- (iii) you reproduce the extracted material in complete and unmodified form and, if the supply by you of the extract is via the internet, that you do not frame the extract within your own website.
For the purpose of these terms, non-commercial supply or use shall mean that neither you nor any third party may charge for viewing any materials that have been downloaded or copied from this website, and that neither you nor any third party can use any materials from this website to attract others to buy goods or services.
Any other use of materials on this website, including storage and recording (other than on a purely transitory basis to permit you to view them), reproduction, modification, distribution, re-transmission, diversion or republication, without the prior written permission of VNZ, is strictly prohibited. This means, for example, that you must not use on any other website any materials displayed on this website from time to time.
3. Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that:
- (a) your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. VNZ expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- (b) VNZ makes no warranty that
- (i) the service will meet your requirements;
- (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable;
- (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations; and
- (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
- (c) any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- (d) no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from VNZ or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this agreement.
4. Data Protection
The information and data (“personal data”) which is provided by you in connection with this website will be held on the computers and manual records of, and will be used by, VNZ No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. While we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
VNZ will receive certain information about people who post comments on this site (e.g. how you got to the site, the pages you browse while here, your IP address). We will in all cases respect your privacy. We will only obtain user information that is supplied voluntarily by you. If VNZ needs additional personal information to customise its services, or to tell you about new features or services, you will be explicitly asked for that information and told why it is needed.
We retain only the email address you supply us, and if you have supplied us other contact details, such as your first and last name, telephone numbers, etc. will also retain these. We will not pass them on to any other external parties. You can unsubscribe from receiving information from us at any time.
VNZ is committed to protecting the personal information of its advisors, users, volunteers and paid staff. VNZ is bound by the Privacy Act 1993.
VNZ may collect personal information to provide and market its services.
VNZ has tried to ensure all information on this website is correct. Although we have made a conscientious effort to provide high quality information, VNZ disclaims any implied guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or relevance of any information. We accept no liability for any failure to comply with the terms and conditions presented in this website where such failure is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
If we waive any rights available to us under these terms and conditions on one occasion, this does not mean that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasions.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of this website and therefore should cease using this website immediately. VNZ may at any time revise these terms and conditions.
6. Address for Service
Volunteering New Zealand, Level 16, 171 Featherston Street, Wellington, New Zealand 6146.