The power and potential of volunteering, Mahi Aroha and social action shines through at times when our communities are stretched and challenged. To help support and inspire volunteers and your community, we’ve created some social media graphics you can use!
1. Think of others, consider your actions and be kind: People in every community will face the challenges of COVID-19 in some way – be kind, think of others and consider your actions >> DOWNLOAD
2. Connect and reach out to your neighbours: We need to find new ways to stay connected and check in on one another for mental wellbeing. Share phone numbers and stay in touch. Keep an eye on your elderly neighbours in particular, as they’re at a greater risk of developing more serious illness as a result of the virus. >> DOWNLOAD
3. Make the most of local online groups: Keep up to date, share information and strive to be a positive part of your local community conversations. >> DOWNLOAD
4. Support vulnerable or isolated people: Different groups in our communities are at increased risk and social isolation and loneliness are key concerns for all ages. There are things you can do like virtual volunteering for local support services or donating to food banks to help. >> DOWNLOAD
5. Share accurate information and advice: Support anyone who may be anxious about COVID-19. >> DOWNLOAD