International Volunteer Managers Day is an international event held annually on 5 November. This year marks the 21st year that IVMDay has been celebrated internationally.
The theme this year “What’s Next?”, which will allow us to focus on what volunteer management will look like in a post Covid-19 world.
Volunteering New Zealand will be holding a panel discussion on this day to discuss the theme “What’s Next?”. The Covid-19 pandemic has created challenges on many levels, and those of us leading volunteers have found ourselves in positions we never imagined. This discussion will focus and reflect on the lessons, challenges and most importantly opportunities that now confront us.
#IVMDay20 – start promoting now!
Ways to take part in IVMDay:
- Share IVMDay resources on social media
- Take part in our International Volunteer Managers Day 2020 – What’s Next? Online Panel Discussion
- Share resources from the Volunteer Managers Day website
- Hold a morning tea for your volunteer manager – better still, make it a collaborative IVMDay celebration and invite other organisations to join!
- Present your Volunteer Manager with a card and certificate.
- If your team is musically inclined, you could go with the IVMDay theme and sing a waiata or play some music together!
- Share loads of articles, blogs and content about volunteer management – help celebrate and support their incredible impact!
- Are we missing anything? Make sure to use #IVMDay20 so we can see what you’re up to! Contact email@example.com if you have any questions about IVMDay.